The people of PANAUTI and the neighbouring villages practice different festivals, some annually, some bi-annually and one, The MAKARMELA, every twelve years. Makar Mela occours during the month of Magh next mela on Jan-Feb 2022. The festival is equal to the famous Indian Mela of PRAYAGATIRTHA in ALLAHABAD and draws thousands of devotees wishing to bathe in the holy waters and eager to worship at INDRESHWOR MAHADEV.
1. Panauti Jya:Punghi Jatra, Unmatta Bhairab, Bhadrakali and Indreshwor Mahadev: Falls on Jestha Punima (Full moon of June)
2. Namobuddha Jatra: Falls on Bhadra (August) Namobudhha with Ajaju and Ajima
3. Madhav Narayan Jatra: February (Magh, A day before Sripanchami)
4. Bel Bibaha: April (Baisakh -Akshya Tritiya)
5. Nava Durga Jatra: April (Chaitra, before Matatirtha Aousi)
6. Gathemuga: July
7. Gaijatra: August
8. Krishna Janmasthami: August
9. Teej: Auagust
10. Dahsain: Sep./Oct.
11. Tihar: Oct.
12. Sakimana Punhi: full Moon of November
13. Yomari Punhi: Full Moon of December
14. Holi Purnima: March
15. Kumari Jatra: March